Linguascope is committed to protecting your privacy and we comply fully with UK data protection law. We have put in place physical, electronic and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All Linguascope staff have a legal duty to respect the confidentiality of your information, and access to your personal details is restricted only to those who have a reasonable need to access it.
When using the Linguascope website, if the URL of a web page starts with HTTPS, or you see a locked/green padlock symbol, your data is encrypted when it is sent from your computer to our server.
Information we may hold about you
When you subscribe to Linguascope, the information we hold about you include the following:
- contact name, school name, address, fax number and email address
- details regarding your subscription such as your login details and the expiry date
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and in accordance with UK law.
Note that Linguascope does not collect or store any personal information about students using the website.
How we may use your information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
- providing you with information, products or services that you requested from us
- sending subscription renewal information
- sending service-related information
- sending promotional material about new products, special offers, events or other information we think you may find interesting
- contacting you to give you an opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction survey
- disclosing your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services by post, please contact Linguascope. To stop receiving information by email, simply click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our newsletters. Note that, by doing so, you may miss important service updates and notifications about special offers and free products/events.
Linguascope does not share personal information with third parties.
A cookie, also known as a browser cookie, is a text file containing small amounts of information which a server may download to your computer or device when you visit a website or use an app. The purpose of cookies is to let you navigate between different pages on the website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given (e.g. language selection). Cookies are also used to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit. The cookies that Linguascope uses do not collect personal information such as name, address, email address and do not link any information they collect to an individual.
We may review and update this notice to comply with the latest legislation. The up-to-date copy of this policy can be found on this web page.
Updating your details